The work on Ruby Object Mapper (rom-rb) initially started as an attempt to build the second major version of the DataMapper project; however, in 2014 I decided to take the project in a different direction and turn it into an FP/OO hybrid toolkit that simplifies working with the data using Ruby language. It consists of a small(ish) core and plenty of adapters and extensions.
My contributions include:
- rom-core – design and implementation of the core APIs, such as
- rom-mapper – design and implementation of the mapper component
- rom-repository – design and implementation of the repository component
- rom-changeset – design and implementation of the changeset component
Apart from its main components, I’ve also helped with:
- rom-sql – the official SQL adapter
- rom-elasticsearch – the official Elasticsearch adapter
- rom-factory – the official data generator and “factory” toolkit
Make sure to check out our official website!